Saturday 30 March 2013

Yesterday My Dad took me for a very long walk.  I'd been very good, and we were having a lovely time when all of a sudden we both spied some walkers sitting on a log.  Now, I have a nose for food, as you know, and it soon occurred to me that these people were having their lunch.  The penny dropped with My Dad at the very same moment!  I ran, he ran.  I ran faster, he ran faster, but he was slightly handicapped by having to shout:  'watch out for your food, he'll eat it!'.  The people thought I looked most attractive - and after all, why wouldn't they? - and My Dad heard them comment on my lovely fluffiness with voices that disbelieved his threats.  Unfortunately, a last minute spurt by him put him between me and the picnickers and their lunch was safe . . . this time.  We had a bit of a Mexican stand-off and then he walked me home.  I was a bit disappointed;  their soup smelt delicious, and people always have bread with soup, and that's my favourite.  Never mind . . . there's always next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment