Sunday 15 December 2013

Well this week I've excelled myself and I've managed to maintain a good level of naughtiness all week.  The pinnacle, however, came on Thursday when a very nice man came to fix the washing machine.  For some reason, my electrical expertise was not required and rifling through the man's box of tools was deemed inappropriate so I was sent to the front room with my mat. This was a bit of a treat because I'm usually only allowed in there during the evening.   My Mum was busy in her pre-Christmas preparations for Pre-School and was up and down the stairs, risking leaving the stair gate open whilst I slept soundly (or so she thought) on my mat.
Finally, the opportunity presented itself:  My Mum was talking to the nice man and discussing when he could come back with the new part the machine needed so I snuck upstairs for a mooch.  Now usually, the only place of any interest is the bin in the study.  Sometimes there is a wrapper in there and occasionally an apple core, but I struck gold.  In My Mum's bedroom (which, is very much out-of-bounds to me, but who was to know) I found some bags containing Christmas shopping and low and behold a box of Roses chocolates.  I worked swiftly and managed to nibble a hole in one corner just big enough to get to the chocolates.  Unfortunately, I was discovered whilst still munching through my first one which was quite chewy and I got a BIG telling off.  I was marched, unceremoniously, downstairs and put out in the garden. No matter, 'twas YUM!  

That evening, My Mum was regaling My Dad with the story and he too had a moment of carelessness.  He put the slice of bread he was about to butter, down on the side in the kitchen and I seized my opportunity and popped my head between their arms and stole my prize.  Another big telling off, some very rude words and again I was put out in the garden where I was able to eat my piece of bread in peace.  'Twas YUM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment